Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year's Eve from the Prohibition Era

Happy New Year everyone! I hope everyone had a great time ringing in 2012. I celebrated by stepping back in time to the 1920s. My friends and I attended a Prohibition-themed event and had a great time wearing flapper dresses, headbands and pearls.

It was definitely a process finding an 1920s-esque dress and accessorizing it but it was also a lot of fun. I scoured the East Village with not much luck at first but then I went to Angela's Vintage Boutique and found the perfect dress-- a black silk dress beaded from head to toe with the perfect amount of flapper beaded fringe at the top and bottom of the dress. Although the dress is actually from the 1980s, it still had some 1920s elements to make it just right for this event. I picked up the antique-style jeweled headband from Anthropologie and I already had the two-strand pearl necklace with crystal vintage pendant from J.Crew. I added some red lipstick and Voilà!


Necklace from J.Crew (no longer available), and  



{A better look at the dress}

{My friend M who now counts the headband 
as one of her new favorite accessories}

{Ringing in 2012}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...