Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I'm Here (There)!

I arrived in London yesterday. The flight here was great. I had never flown business class before and wow was it wildly different than flying coach. I had barely stored my carry-on in the overhead luggage compartment before I was offered some champagne. And the 4-course dinner was great-- I had the pumpkin bisque, mixed greens salad, pan-seared sea bass, and a vanilla ice-cream sundae! It was definitely a step-up from my usual in-flight "meal" of a can of diet coke and crappy pretzels...though I imagine you get something a bit more substantial than that on an international flight anyway.

Once I got out of the airport, I took the Heathrow Express to Paddington and then took a taxi to the apartment where I am staying in Kensington. I really like the apartment-- it is small for sure (though bigger than my New York City studio) but it is new, clean and bright.

I found my way to the Tube and went into the office for a few hours. I met some of my co-workers and had "lunch" at 5pm (I'm obviously still getting used to the time difference). After work I watched some programming on a channel called "VIVA". The lineup was Teen Mom, the Fresh Price of Bel Air, and Two and a Half Men. Random? Perfect? Both.

4 comments:

  1. Your apartment looks so cute!! Miss you already!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. your apartment really is cute. are you staying in London for good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jessica: Thank you! Miss you more!

    @In: I'll be here for three weeks to apartment hunt. Then I'll be back at the end of February for at least two years. My company is paying for this apartment. I wish I could afford one this nice in this area!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...