Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Oui, Oui! Paris!

This weekend I ran the Paris Marathon, seeing 26.2 miles of Paris. Despite being terribly under-trained for this running feat, I was energized by my magnificent surroundings and by the Parisians who cheered me onward by shouting out "Allez Christina". All I can say quite simply is that I absolutely LOVE Paris-- the food, the fashion, the architecture, the history. I hope that this was just the first of many more of my adventures in Paris.

During my trip, I visited the Catacombs of Paris, an underground ossuary that holds the remains of about 6 million people, the Eiffel Tower, the Hotel de Ville, Notre Dame, the River Seine, and the Louvre. I also ate lots of yummy food.

My snaps below do a pretty good job of summarizing my trip. Enjoy!


Snaps from the Catacombs:

{Looking ominous at the Catacombs}
{Underground tunnel}
{Stacked bones and skulls}

Snaps from around Paris:

{Notre Dame}
{musee du Louvre}
{Eiffeling}


 
{La Seine}
{Hotel de Ville}
{Hotel de Ville}

{Amazingly Delicious Raspberry Tart}
Post-Marathon Snaps:

{Marathon Finisher!}
{Marathon Medal!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...