Friday, January 27, 2012

From Midtown to Mayfair

I know I haven't posted in a while but it has taken me some time to take everything in. Today marks the end of two work weeks completed and so far so good. My office is in Mayfair which is in London's borough of Westminster and steps away from the beautiful Hyde Park. It is land of hedge funds, private banks, and wealth managers and rents are among the highest in London. In many ways, the neighborhood is nothing like Midtown Manhattan where I used to work-- no skyscrapers, no traffic, and no bustling crowds of people. Instead, think cobblestone lanes, tree-lined squares and Georgian townhouses converted into offices. And yet I'm still within a short walk of many of the same lunch/snack spots-- Pret a Manger, Starbucks, a New York style sandwich stop, and Chop'd (London's version of NY's Chop't).


1 comment:

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...